How is Evie?
Kathi Winter has been talking with Evie regularly, she is doing as well as can be expected, and is now back home in Fort Portal. Thanks to everyone who offered condolences and prayers.
What is happening with OTA in Uganda?
There are two teams coming to Uganda in November, one from Canada, and Pastor Mitch King, from Arizona.
How can you help?
We truly hope that OTA supporters and blog followers have had a chance to look over our Gift Campaign, and have seriously considered this as an option for gift giving this Christmas.
The reality is that Outreach to Africa MUST raise funds through this and our other initiatives in order to continue to meet the needs of the kids at Paul Devlin School.
Some enthusiast groups have had some fun social gatherings and collected donations in the following ways;
– Birthday luncheons for co-workers who all contribute to OTA in honour of the birthday person
– Africa movie nights – Host a movie night, sell movie tickets, drinks, popcorn and snacks with proceeds going to OTA. Show a movie about Africa, or share your own movie or slide show of Africa.
– One group, who made a trip to Uganda with OTA, hosted a slide show/appie night, sold paper beads, bracelets, bags and baskets from Uganda and also collected cash donations.
-If you have travelled to Uganda, you can use your own photos to create calendars, mouse pads, mugs, greeting cards etc and sell them as a fundraiser.
– In lieu of gift exchange for staff/ office Christmas party, an envelope is placed in a bowl with donation in the amount of each individuals choice, and the total collected is donated on behalf of the group.
– Garage / Tag sale
– Bake sale ( church, work, school)
Consider hosting your own fundraiser and see what you and your friends can accomplish together.
If you live in Southern California…
Lavonda Bryant and some other great OTA volunteers are selling Marie Callender Pies, and also have a couple of other sale events set up for November and December. Pie orders must be in by November 12th. To order your Thanksgiving dessert pie, stock up for Christmas and help support OTA at the same time contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 1st we invite you to support Outreach To Africa by visiting the OTA booth at the Annual MOPS Boutique sale. Location – Coast Hills Community Church in Alisia Viejo CA
Sale hours are 9:00AM-2:30PM – Get some holiday shopping done and support OTA!
December event to be at the Orange County Swap Meet.
More details soon.
If we ALL work together, we can make sure that OTA’s important work at Paul Devlin Academy continues, and that it can keep serving those in need in the communities of Geme, Fort Portal, and Rwebisengo in Western Uganda.