Hello from Uganda,
I have not rested since I have been back!
I thank God for giving me the strength. A lot of good things are happening despite the daily challenges. All of our challenges are used as stepping stones for blessing others.
- Update Paul Devlin Academy (PDA) – the children are healthy, and are growing physically and spiritually. It is amazing to see young children taking time to fast a meal and pray for OTA, as well as all the friends who support them. None of the children were affected by the outbreak of Ebola, and we thank God for that.
- Current challenges at PDA –
- There are 310 kids attending the school, of these 310, 200 are non-residents (day school section). 80 kids are fully sponsored, and120 need sponsors @ $35 per month.
There are 110 residents (boarding section), of these there are only 6 who are fully sponsored, or have parents that are able to pays school fees. There are 47 children who have partial sponsorship, and need more funding @ $35 per month / $420 per year. This leaves 57 students in need of full sponsorship, which costs $60 per month / $720 per year.
Sponsors can expect the following;
- receive updates on the child 3 times a year, (current photo and a letter from the child)
- opportunity to communicate with the child, and if they wish, have an opportunity to visit the child at the school in Uganda (to be arranged through OTA).
Sponsor’s financial support will provide the following;
- educate and feed non-resident students
- educate, feed, and provide housing for a resident child.
It is becoming very difficult to keep “unsponsored children” in school, as providing meals for them is very expensive.
Currently, the most urgent need is to have the 47 partially sponsored kids fully sponsored.